Pages

Sunday, August 5, 2012

End of Day 8: Au Revoir Swimming

google says it's time to swim in sync

Finished typing everything slowly and it's only 4am. It could only be *sighs* the last day of the swim events. I admit I lost a little bit of interest by sleeping yesterday and attempting to give the meet a miss the day before. But the usual melancholy of the finale still struck me. With my end of day posts getting shorter and shorter, I'm sure you can tell how I'm doing. :((

I'm more composed now. Hopefully during the next olympics I can really be a real neutral spectator and not have any more biases. I don't really want that to happen though, where's the fun in that? Having someone to root for, something to look forward to, really gives you that adrenaline and emotional roller coaster that could be so awesome and satisfying. I can get on to reality now. Everything that was paused can now be resumed now that swimming is over. I can sleep now. :)))

I had fun throughout, and I concluded there's only 3 types of medalists. The young guns announcing their arrival to the world, the bridesmaid who was forever waiting and waiting for their turn to shine, and then there's the ex-champions looking to defend their titles. I've witnessed so many heartwarming moments, bridesmaid who finally got a taste of gold, young swimmers who never swam as fast in their lives and are shocked to tears at their own capabilities, these are swimmers who gave up so much in their life, just for that 15-25 years old time of glory. It's a short career, but it's the price to pay for being the best in the world in swimming. Many swimmers who have yet to reached their peak managed to produce such stellar results. I look forward to seeing them in 2016. :))

And to the real olympic fish Michael Phelps. You are truly the greatest olympian alive. Your story will live for generations to come and I am glad I have stood by to witness it all happen. I'm glad to be in this generation that is basking in your hype. Have a good rest and continue to spread your love to the rest of the world, truly living up to the London 2012 motto - inspiring a generation.

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment